Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

Luv'n You is like a Battle.. We Both End Up with Scars..

"give me back the Daytons I put on.... 
The tinted windows I paid for.....
The money I put into the engine
and the brakes!" - Baby Boy

Love is a crazy thing. Especially when you know it's over.  What is the right way to tell someone you've been loving that the end is here.  Essentially you don't want to sound cliche by saying " Let's be friends" even though that sentiment might very well be the most geniune. Think about it.   Wouldn't you rather be slapped in the face than your honey tell you they're ready to drive you curbside to the "Friend Zone."  But what if the shoe were on the other foot? What if you were the one who had to break it off?  I've been on both sides of the fence and neither one is easier than the other.  Some things just have to be done.

Love is a crazy thing.  I always like to reference my relationship box.  As explained in previous posts, it is an imaginary box that is filled with real-life B/S that I've chosen to forgive for the sake of the relationship.  Eventually this box gets filled to the top. Some choose to disregard the maximum capacity limitations you've orginally set upon the box and hit reset.  I don't suggest you do that too often or there is no point to the box at all however; I am not here to judge.  If there were a way for you to see what's actually in this box I'd probably be embarassed.  Good thing Voni.Isnt.Perfect is a JUDGE FREE-Zone
Read more.

I tend to you use the word "ABUSE" quite frequently when speaking on my firm stance on how one should be treated in a healthy relationship.  Constant name calling, hitting, smacking, spitting, biting (all commonly referred to now as Chris Brown & Rihanna) are all obvious signs of abuse.  That is not what I meant.   I can recall during a break up moment when a signifcant other deemed it necessary to ask for a return of all the gifts given during the relationship.  Abuse. Telling me how many other women would love to be with you as if you are the be all end all.  Abuse.  Ladies & Gentleman don't get this type of behavior confused with fighting for the one you believe is the love of your life. It is abuse.  It is hurt, sadness, and a slueth of other similiar emotions gone haywire.  If you love something let it go.  If it comes back then you know.  

It is understandable everyone cannot be capable of such strength.  Here is another way you can fight for your loved one.  Send a card with a happy memory you both shared. Not to be confused with a barrage of 2 dozen long stem roses with endless paragraphs on the pros and cons of being together. See abuse.  Give him/her some space to think - to reflect.  If this doesn't warrant the reaction your looking for; if he or she doesn't run slow motion back into your arms. Then atleast you have your dignity. You can safely say you've tried and lost but atleast you've tried without making a fool of yourself.  



No comments: