Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

Feature Fridays: Are You a Victim?

CAN'T WEAR SKINNY JEANS 'CUZ MY KNOT DONT FIT....

I am by no means a self-proclaimed Fashionista, Stylista, or any other style pyseudonym that ends in -ista.  I wear what what I like and I happen to look GREAT doing so. Who am I to dictate what is the new trend, what you shouldn't wear or what was sooooo last season. All I know is that I make sure I don't wear flip-flops in the rain, I put away my scarves & hats for the summer, and take care not to wear UGGS above 55-60 degrees. When I am unsure, I will pick up a phone and dial a friend.  Friends don't let Friends go outside looking CRAAAA-ZYYYY! If so, that is not your friend and he/she is laughing AT you not with you.
Again I am no June Ambrose (even though I adore her fashion sense)however; I know what I like and what I don't like. With that said, SKINNY JEANS for men is a NO-NO. Never would I date a guy who shops in the women's section and/or who's JUNK I can see without X-Ray vision. By no means, am I attracted to a man's curves.

Last night, I rode the train with my best girl friend.  I look to my right and notice a very "fashion conscious" dark-skinned man peering at us through his Ray-Ban sunnies. OH MY!!! 

"Would you date a man who wore skinny jeans?"

"Ugh, if it's worn the right way, sure."

That prompted me to ask myself - "What in the hell is the "right way?"  Tight is tight. There is nothing manly about a young man or old man for that matter whose jeans has any percentage of spandex in it. 

As soon as I got home, I went to my computer to do some research on this skinny jean disease. yes i did say disease - stay away from it GUYS!!

My girl was right - sort of.  


Would you date this guy? or rather would he date you! lmfao
I can't.
This is obviously the wrong way to wear skinny Jeans.




Now this look I like.
Not too tight and not hanging off the ass.
Oh, btw this pic was taken when were in Miami (j/k)






When the skinny jean trends goes AWRY!!!




While doing my research, I stumbled across another woman - inspired trend in which men are taking part. Capri's... <---- Is fashion going too far? Wear what you want guys, I'm just saying if you approach me wearing Capris trying to "get to know me," I am letting you know right now the conversation won't get very far. Some of you would say, thats unfair. You are judging a man by the clothes that he wears. Isn't that shallow? My answer to that is ..it is shallow-ish. I mean we all have our preferences. I prefer not to engage in a conversation with a man who sports lady shorts. I am laughing at you .. on the inside of course.

Fine... You be the judge.

Not only am I confused about the Capris
I don't understand why would you wear a sweater & shorts at the same time..on the same day?
Fashionistas out there can you help me out on this one.. 


C Breezy, may have proven there is always an exception to the rule.
I still feel a little uneasy about Man-pris though.



It is safe to say everything Must be done in moderation. Never take part in any trend that is not a direct reflection of yourself. We the people will notice. I have also come to the conclusion that Celebrities can pretty much do and wear whatever they want. If you consider yourself a celebrity more power to you but that doesnt mean You are one. And if you see me laughing to myself, you should know why.



Voni - *V.I.P*

2 comments:

Milfy said...

Lol, the capri look is cool to me! I dig it! In the spring fmeales wear skirts w/o stockings with a cardigan over it Voni!! I think CBreezy looks cool!!

Anonymous said...

Rockers and skateboarders have always wore skinny jeans and I feel you when you say do it all in moderation. My problem is everybody rockin every trend when a lot of times it doesn't fit them. Like its been said before, you can't buy swag so people should just wear what makes them comfortable and not what they see on TV