Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Fashion Night Out

***Updated***
Finally! I've uploaded the pics from my first experience of Fashion Night Out.  I got invited to a couple of events this night but because I'm always running late I was only able to attend one.  I heard the city was bananas which means I would have never made it to & through the madness. Celebrities were mixing and mingling with the common folk all for the sake of fashion.  Kanye tweeted how lovely the ladies were looking walking down the New York City streets and of course my girl just knew he was referring to her. (she's a trip!).  All in all I had a great time in Brooklyn.
FNO The Wagon Style.

Check the "security" in the background.  He took his job very serious while attempting to make my girl and I stand on the sidewalk until we had clearance.

 Later on that night, I found out the real reason we weren't able to walk in the store upon our arrival. You know I had to find out just why I was standing out on the streets for no good reason.  Apparently there was a performance by a young artist named JUSSIE.  Unfortunately, due to my tardiness I missed out on what I hear was a great performance.  Have you heard of him?
Like I said, I can't really comment on his music; however do you remember Jurnee Smollett, the young actress who played in Eve's Bayou?  Well, that's her older brother, Jussie. Hmmm, interesting right?

Okay, back to the events of FNO.  After the performance, "security" finally let us through the doors and we were greeted by the familiar sounds of Brooklyn's own DJ BOOF.  Here is a pic of DJ BOOF showing fashionista JQ the 1s & 2s.





Music blaring, free shots of liquor flowing, ladies looking chic & fabulous, fellas looking fly. (Am I showing my age by using the word fly??? *giggles*)  There was even a make-up station for quick makeup tips by Shana  of Glam2Luxe Cosmetics.  I've been trying to get her to teach me how to do my eyebrows for the entire summer. I just wasnt prepared to get my lessons this night in front of everyone in the store.
Shana & Spag-Lo




After an hour or two of mingling with the good folks at The Wagon it was on to PART II of the night. Santos.  I've never been so I was kind of excited to go - although I don't think my feet got the memo.

Photographer cut my shoe off.. but you get the picture. 
Voni - V.I.P.






Fashion Night Out = A bevy of Men and Women dressed up in the latest & hottest fashions. The kick-off to NYC Fashion Week, all things fashion related come alive during this time.  I personally will never consider myself fashion-forward however; I am fashion-friendly.   *pic coming soon*
To be completely honestly, my night didn't end until about 4am and Lord knows how I lasted so long in my 5 inch heels. Here it is 7:30 p.m. the next day and I am still feeling the effects of the night before. (shout out to my NUMB BIG TOE!)  And yes I will be wearing 5 inch heels again tonite.  This is the type of sacrifice we women make for beauty. Besides I'm only 5 feet tall!!!

Oh Gosh!! Did I just say it was 7:30... I am going to be late..Again... My girls are going to kill me.  I had to keep my promise to you guys and POST SOMETHING....

Check the blog again tomorrow for full frontal details of FNO weekend...

P.S. SEND ME YOUR FASHION NIGHT OUT PICS!!!

Voni *V.I.P.*

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Super cute jumpsuit